Monday 22 August 2011

Here are some reviews of people who use The Helm Drop In Centre


Tracy Dobbie

What do you like about The Helm?

I like to come into The Helm to chat, meet my friends and relax. I take part in many different sessions and activities, but love trips out and would like more of these.
The food made in the cafe is very good and there is a nice atmostphere here and surroundings
The staff members are  friendly and supportive. I enjoy doing the arts and crafts.

What would you like us to do more of here at The Helm?

I'm really happy with the sessions that run and the different activities we do but would like more trips out every two weeks if possible.
I'd also like a few new things to add to the menu like a roast dinner with roasted vegetables, different pies on the pie day and an occassional treat of salmon which we could pay more for!

What way has The Helm helped you?

The Helm helps me to relax, forget some of my worries and helps me to socialize with other people who access the service.

What could be improved about The Helm?

Nothing!


James Willett

What do you like about The Helm?

It's the best place i've ever seen and used in my experience of mental health services, better than anywhere else i've been sent to. Works better for me than other volunteering placements i've been sent on. It doesn't stress me out and isn't repetitive , there's a nice variety of people here and a good change.This place definately answers a need, is non judgemental and lets you go at your own pace from a good distance.




What would you like to see more of?

More baking.


How do you feel The Helm has helped you?

The Helm has got me out of a rut,  gives me a routine on a bad day and helps me get out of myself.

What could be improved on?

Access.

Brian Hodgson

What do you like about The Helm?

I think it's a great drop in and very nice atmostphere.
I would like to volunteer here and lead Art sessions and pass on my skills.

What would you like to see more of?

More workrooms to do projects in.

How has The Helm helped you?

It has give me a place to come to  other than work
What can be improved on at The Helm?

I can see so many possibilities for developing new ideas in the future and would like to volunteer more


No comments:

Post a Comment